Re: Crunch time for Geomajas on OSGeo-Live

Re: Crunch time for Geomajas on OSGeo-Live

dirkf
Cameron,

On my resposibility:
My formal answer is *yes* to include geomajas in the next release of
OSGeo-Live.

I suggest to keep the same version number.
We will work on the quickstart session, this is something I can control
and I will take action for it.

There is a lot of stuff developed by customers, who want to donate to
the community, but I need to motivate and 'INSPIRE' some of the
developers and stakeholders. So I suggest an infusion for geomajas to
get it back to live and into a vibrant community. (with a more active
and renewed PSC resulting in new Openhub Metrics).

If there is no new release when we discuss the next release of
OSGeo-Live, I will be the first to promote retirement for geomajas.

thank you for your patience with a bit a sick patient, but should be
able to recover or resurrect in another way.

Dirk.

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

sincerly,

Dirk Frigne
Geosparc.com

Re: [Live-demo] Crunch time for Geomajas on OSGeo-Live

dirkf
Angelos,

Thank you for the pointer.
We are taking action right now and I will keep  you informed.

Dirk

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

sincerly,

Dirk Frigne
Geosparc.com

Re: [Live-demo] Crunch time for Geomajas on OSGeo-Live

Oliver May-4
Hi Cameron and all,

We have all been quite busy on some other projects the last months, also the guy who used to manage the osgeo live stuff is no longer active in the community, unfortunately.

Good news is that we have some new guys who are eager to start working with/on Geomajas! There is somebody looking at the issue at this moment, I will follow-up and send feedback later this week.

kind regards,

Oliver May

On 2017-06-13 23:02, Cameron Shorter wrote:
Dirk,

We are at crunch time. We haven't heard a define yes/no re including
GeoMajas on OSGeo-Live. As mentioned earlier, it is ear marked for
retirement unless we can see action on following points:

"Propose to retire. No recent version change on OSGeo-Live. No recent
activity in OpenHub metrics"

"Quickstart is too short and not following writing tips (in the udig
quickstart). It needs to show how to do 1 typical task. Look at
GeoServer quickstart for inspiration. Quite a bit of work required here."

Thoughts?

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member

Oliver May

Brugsesteenweg 587

9030 Gent
T: <a href="tel:+32%20484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770" target="_blank">+32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

On 2017-06-13 23:02, Cameron Shorter wrote:
Dirk,

We are at crunch time. We haven't heard a define yes/no re including
GeoMajas on OSGeo-Live. As mentioned earlier, it is ear marked for
retirement unless we can see action on following points:

"Propose to retire. No recent version change on OSGeo-Live. No recent
activity in OpenHub metrics"

"Quickstart is too short and not following writing tips (in the udig
quickstart). It needs to show how to do 1 typical task. Look at
GeoServer quickstart for inspiration. Quite a bit of work required here."

Thoughts?

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member