VOTE: procedure of copyright change + geomajas-server pull request

VOTE: procedure of copyright change + geomajas-server pull request

Jan Venstermans-2
Hallo devs,

When working on copyright change, i came to some copyright elements that
were not changed the last years. I would to propose a procedure for
changing copyright on a Geomajas project. If this procedure is ok, I
will add it to the developer documentation:

1) change dependency geomajas-parents in pom.xml:
* geomajas-parent in main pom.xml
* geomajas-doc-parent in all documentation modules pom.xml

2) update file headers:
* in java files: headers are required and value is checked by checkstyle
* in xml files (some xml files have headers): header in xml is not
required and value is not covered by checkstyle

3) change copyright info in some xml files:
* geomajasContext*.xml: can contain org.geomajas.global.CopyrightInfo
beans for Geomajas
* master.xml in documentation modules contains bookinfo.copyright section
* geomajas-project-server/documentation/src/docbkx/part-introduction.xml
contains the copyright info as will be shown textually in the server
documentation.

An implementation of this procedure for geomajas-project-server (issue
http://jira.geomajas.org/browse/GBE-572) is proposed in pull request
https://github.com/geomajas/geomajas-project-server/pull/102 .
The pull request comprises 3 commits, to allow showing the step-by-step
procedure that was followed.

I would like to start a vote on the procedure + on the implementation of
https://github.com/geomajas/geomajas-project-server/pull/102 . Let's
vote here on the mailing list.

Jan Venstermans: +1

--
-- Jan Venstermans
*DFC Software Engineering *

Re: VOTE: procedure of copyright change + geomajas-server pull request

Jan Venstermans-2
Hallo majas-dev,

No reaction on this for now.

Goal of the vote was to discuss update of copyright year on a geomajas
project. It used to be only the headers, but there seems to be copyright
info on other places as well.

I know this is not an urgent matter. But I would like to have a bugfix
release of the server and gwt2 client soon (for the geomajasContex*.xml
placeholder fix). So if there is no consensus on copyright, I will make
bugfix releases without it.

kind regards,
Jan Venstermans

--
-- Jan Venstermans
*DFC Software Engineering *
Brugsesteenweg 587
9030 Gent
T: +32 9 236 61 96
F: +32 9 236 54 12
W: http://www.dfc.be
Skype: dfcjanvenstermans

Re: VOTE: procedure of copyright change + geomajas-server pull request

Oliver May-4
Oliver May: +1 (binding)

[...]

T: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2061%2096" value="+3292366196" target="_blank">+32 9 236 61 96
F: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2054%2012" value="+3292365412" target="_blank">+32 9 236 54 12
W: http://www.dfc.be
Skype: dfcjanvenstermans

Oliver May

Brugsesteenweg 587

9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70

W: http://www.geosparc.com

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Re: VOTE PENDING: procedure of copyright change + geomajas-server pull request

Jan Venstermans-2
Hallo devs,

vote count till now:

Oliver May: +1 (binding)
Jan Venstermans: +1

This is not enough to close the vote.

I propose tt set an end time to this vote:  Tuesday July 26. If by then
there is no consessus, the vote will fail and I will start a bugfix
release of the server project.

Kind regards.
JanVenstermans

--
-- Jan Venstermans
*DFC Software Engineering *

Re: VOTE-SUCCESSFUL: procedure of copyright change + geomajas-server pull request

Jan Venstermans
Hallo devs,

final vote count:
Oliver May: +1 (binding)
Pieter De Graef: +1 (binding)
Jan Venstermans: +1

The vote is successful.
As mentioned, the information on changing copyright information will also be put into the developer documentation.

You can expect:
* bugfix release of geomajas-server
* votes on update of copyright information on other projects.

thanks for voting,
Jan Venstermans

Op 26/07/2016 om 09:22 schreef Pieter De Graef:
[...]

T: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2061%2096" value="+3292366196" target="_blank">+32 9 236 61 96
F: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2054%2012" value="+3292365412" target="_blank">+32 9 236 54 12
W: http://www.dfc.be
Skype: dfcjanvenstermans

-- Jan Venstermans
*DFC Software Engineering *